Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blog neglect...

I thought perhaps I should re-visit this blog and add a little something. I have no great wisdom to impart today...

Took a cooking class on Saturday night and loved the food...Turkish. I made the lentil soup already and really enjoyed the interesting spice...spearmint...in the soup. I enjoyed all the recipes that evening including a special treat...Baklava. So, this week, if I have a little gain, I'll know what did it. No worries...this is a new lifestyle...not just a diet which would forbid the enjoyment of such things. Life happens...and we just have to figure out how to manage our diets not let our diets manage us.

Next challenge...Winter Bar-be-que tomorrow night. I roasted potatoes, onions, and mushrooms tonight to take to keep from eating potato salad. I'm bringing the walnut and red pepper dip that was one of the Turkish dishes. Also, I'm making some homemade corn tortillas. It will be hard to pass up on desserts (always is), but I can do it. Some wise guy put out 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies in the breakroom the other day (Monday) along with the weekly donuts...its was about all I could do to stay out of that room and not eat the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment