Monday, February 16, 2009

A new adventure

So, the economic times are tough and the company is downsizing. I'll be likely leaving the company and moving on to new things. I've been remarkably calm despite my situation, even if I do say so myself. I don't have time to sit around and feel sorry for myself...don't have time to wallow. Now is the time for action (wasn't this in the President's Inaugural speech?). I have been flooding my networks with emails and phone calls.

I am going to continue my weight loss efforts but this last week has been challenging...so, we'll see what the result is on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. My mantra for 5 weeks has been - thank God that he gets to work. Chris has had to travel to OKC and work for an old client (who has money to spare and could support a 3rd world country on his own). It's been hard being seperated and he's only been home once in those 5 weeks. I did get to go there last week, and he made it home this weekend for a week of work here. He'll have to head back up there because there simply isn't any work in our small town. People are freaked out about the economy and clients are renovating. Hang in there, God always provides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...I'm heading to Iowa next week for an interview for a promotion with the same company that just laid me off. But I have feelers out all over trying to find something closer to 'home.' This too shall pass...I know its hard to be separated.

    ReplyDelete