Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Optimistic...this week a gain...1.2 pounds

So, this week I weighed in and had a slight gain. It was more than I expected, I admit. I had missed two days of exercise after overdoing it last Tuesday at an aerobics class. I could barely stand up straight for three days! Did a long hike over the weekend and worked out twice yesterday, but apparently it wasn't enough to counteract the two pieces of lovely Baklava that I had on Saturday. Or maybe it was and the stars just weren't in good alignment. Though it was a disappointing setback, I must take my own advice. Keep your eyes on the prize...this is just a mere speedbump along the way. Don't let such small things derail you or keep you from moving forward in your goal. I look back at my week and have no regrets about enjoying a few good foods...treats. These are few and far between and this too shall pass. Tonight I went to a barbeque with friends. I managed to stay fairly good..made a dip from the Turkish food class that is nutritious but not low calorie and enjoyed some of it. I pat myself on the back because I managed to stay clear of the chips, cookies, high fat dips, and other treats at the party. I felt that I ate a sensible meal of chicken and corn tortillas...and some dip on french bread. Nothing overboard. While at the party tonight I bumped into a friend who wants to take me shopping when I get to my goal weight...talk about incentive! What a generous offer...

I started a new book called The China Study...a friend recommended it and it was cited in the Anticancer book I have finished. Much information to digest (no pun intended).

Keep you eyes on the prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment